in Bad Kleinkirchheim & St. Oswald
In recent years, cross-country skiing has become increasingly popular again in Austria and it is hard to imagine a winter holiday without it. When is it better to switch off your head than when you are exercising in the middle of an enchanting winter wonderland? Feel your body, find your own rhythm and leave the hectic pace of everyday life behind you. Snow-covered landscapes and the clear air accompany you on the cross-country trails in the ski region Bad Kleinkirchheim & St. Oswald!
Roman cross-country skiing trail Bad Kleinkirchheim, 8 km
In the cross-country skiing region of Bad Kleinkirchheim you can expect, among other things, the moderately difficult, varied Roman trail on the golf course, which is mechanically snowed in. With appropriate snow conditions, the cross-country trail is prepared all the way to Gnesau (45 km).
Sports cross-country trail Bad Kleinkirchheim, 2.5 km
The demanding sports trail runs parallel to the Römerloipe and can therefore be combined with it in the best possible way. So there is something for every level of ability.
Cross-country skiing tracks
around the Bad Kleinkirchheim region:
high-altitude cross-country trail Falkert Heidi Alm Bergresort, 6.5 km
The start and end point of the 6 km long high altitude cross-country ski run can be found at the ski lifts directly above the family hotel Schneekönig. The round track at Falkertsee is 500 m long.
Turracher height: 4 cross-country trails, 16 km
Four different trails with a total length of 16 km for beginners and advanced skiers are available: Turracher See-Loipe, Weitental-Loipe, Zirbenwald-Loipe and Hochmoorloipe (€ 3,00 fee; day ticket is available at the ticket offices of the Panorama- & Kornockbahn)
Panoramic high-altitude cross-country skiing trails Hochrindl, 23.5 km
The unique trails between 1,550 and 1,750 metres above sea level guarantee panoramic views while cross-country skiing in Carinthia's Nockberge mountains: L1 practice trail Hochrindl (0.99 km), L2 round course Anderleloipe (3.5 km), NEW: Anderlloipe II (3 km), L3 Riaplloipe (5 km) and the L4 panorama high-altitude trail (11 km). The trails are prepared for skating and classical music.
Prices: Children up to 14 years do not pay a cross-country ski run fee; day ticket: € 4.00, week ticket: € 20.00 and season ticket: € 40.00
for your cross-country skiing holiday in Austria:
- Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest sports for the cardiovascular system
- Cross-country skiing brings movement into your life: Cross-country skiing trains an incredible number of muscle groups from the neck to the legs
- Cross-country skiing keeps you fit: regular cross-country skiing is like a fountain of youth. Just 30 minutes three times a week is enough for a rejuvenating treatment.
- Cross-country skiing is good for the heart: Cross-country skiing promotes the cardiovascular system without overtaxing it. The optimal pulse rate is between 160 and 180 beats per minute minus your age.
ATTENTION: There is a charge for the use of the cross-country ski run! - Checks are carried out.
- Daily rate per person € 5,00 | buy a ticket at the machine (only coin insertion - ATM possible)
- Weekly tickets per person € 25,00 | buy a ticket at the vending machine (only coin insertion - ATM possible)
- Entry points with vending machines Römerbad car park & sports arena
- Season tickets per person € 60.00 available at the tourist office (Dorfstraße 30, 9546 Bad Kleinkirchheim)
- Children under 15,99 years free of charge